domingo, 28 de abril de 2019

Long run with fast finish with my brother

Today I did my long run at 6:00 p.m. with my brother in the Turia park. The plan was as usual 90 mins, with the last 5k at "marathon" effort. It was good to have company today and today my brother was stronger than me, He also did the progression segment and built a gap before starting the faster portion and the gap remained till the end, He even continued with the fast pace till the completion of the 90 mins. I, in the other hand, run fast till the point where We started and then run easy for the 3-4 remining mins.

Today We went to the Churchill and back in 16:17, I thought that We were going sub 16 mins, that was the story for me today, I thought that I was going faster than I was actuallly running, kept the easy pace from 6:30-6:13. Started the faster portion in the 9.4k as usual with the watch reading 60:46, 1st km of the fast portion was 5:09, I tried to remain at that pace while keeping the same effort, but second km came in 5:13, then the next 2k were in 10:49, actually it was more than 2 kms because there was an area that was very crowded like yesterday, and I had to deviate from the route a little and lost a good 30 seconds, I even accelerate to not lose so much time, but then got back to the right effort, then the last long km was in 5:31, which was more like 5:15 per km. Finished what I would say was 5.1k or a bit more in 26:42, it does not really matter, the important thing is the effort, got to the starting point in 87:28, and then kept running easy till the 90 mins. I felt really strong at the end and mentally the 90 mins pass quickly. My brother also liked the progression segment, He handled it very well and ran very strong.

I ran around 15k total for the day, the weather was sunny, but decent. The only problem was that the Turia park was very crowded, especially in one area that an event is being held these days ( which is the point that I had to deviate yesterday and today). All in all, it was a good run.

63k for the week. Which is my highest in the last 10 years or so. 6 runs this week again, very consistent running for me!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario