martes, 2 de abril de 2019

Evening interval workout : 1600m, 3 x 1000m, 400m

Today I did my interval workout at 6:50 p.m. with my brother, but He was going to do something lighter since He is in recovery mode from Sunday`s race.

My plan for today was: 1600m, 800m recovery, then 3 x 1000m with around 500m recovery, and 1 x 400m to complete 5000m worth of intervals. We have been doing 4000-4400m or so worth of intervals, but its time to ramp up to minimum 5000m worth intervals, since the minimum distance We race is 5k, so!

I felt somewhat tired before starting the workout, in the hamstring specifically, but I would do what I could to at least hit the Stimulus of the workout. Maybe yesterday`s run and strides take more out of me than expected, even after feeling pretty good and easy at the moment. Or maybe I did the strides faster than I should yesterday, who knows!

My brother would do the fast 1600m too, but I dropped him as soon as We started, I crossed the first 200m in 54 seconds, so I knew that I needed to start working, then did not look at the watch till the end of the repeat, but pressed the split button without looking at the 1000m mark, completed the 1600m repeat in 7:05. Crossed the 1st km in 4:27, so I ran the second half of the repeat faster.

After that recovered 800m easy jogging and then did 3 x 1000m with around 500m recovery, the splits for those surprised me, as they did not feel so fast, 4:10, 4:09, 4:02. I was working hard, but was controlled, the difference between my mile repeat and those shorter repeats is huge and in every workout is the same, and I would dare to say that the 1600m repeat felt harder than those 1000m repeats, maybe because I have not warmed up yet, or maybe because I have the speed but lack the "speed endurance", anyway, I am happy with those splits.

After the 1000m, did 1 x 400m to complete 5k worth of intervals, the time was 84 seconds. I thought that I was going faster, but felt good, fast and without losing form, so thats the idea. 84 seconds is impressive given my actual fitness. Besides, the first 200m of the mile repeat, I never look at the watch during the repeats, just looked at it after each repeat, so basically ran each repeat by effort.

After the 400m repeat, I walked 100m to catch my breath and started my cool down, which was around 13:20 easy jogging. Around 11.7k total for the day and its amazing how time pass very quickly when you are doing workouts, as opposed to doing long runs, where you feel like you are running forever! Very glad with today`s workout and definetely heading the right direction.

My brother did 7:21 for the 1600m which really shows how tired He was from the race, you cant cheat the body. After the 1600m, He did a 3k tempo in 14:41 which He said felt easy. He is racing a 10k on Saturday and I am pretty confident He will run faster than 50 mins, at least He has the fitness to do so!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario