sábado, 27 de abril de 2019

Yesterday`s 8k tempo with my brother

Yesterday I did my 8k tempo with my brother at 6:00 p.m., The last couple of days I have been stress for outside of running things, so my mind was not into it today, but you have to execute no matter how you feel, of course, this mantra does not always apply. The weather today was hotter than in my last 8k tempos because those were in rainy days and the sun today was shining hard. I had not done a tempo run with my brother for like almost 2 months.

I warmed up 15 mins + 5 x 50m strides as usual. Then the tempo started, my brother had in mind to run 38 mins ( He told me after the tempo), However We started very slow, I looked at the 200s in 66 seconds, that is way too SLOW!, in the first 200 there were to people and had to run extra distance, but anyway that is too slow, I then tried to correct the pace, but could only manage to run 5:00 per km, crossed the 1km in 5:06 and felt more tired than usual, I told myself then that I would be happy to run sub 40 mins, in the 1st km my brother had a 2-4 seconds gap on me, 2nd and 3rd km felt better than the first one, but my brother was still ahead, but I was gaining, by the time We crossed the halfway in 20:02, He had a 1 second gap on me, as soon as We turned around, I sped up to run side by side with him, but shortly, I felt better and started pushing the pace, by the 5k I started running alone and was running my "normal" pace home. I finished in 38:55 and my brother finished in 40:04, so He kept the pace, but I ran 70 seconds or so negative split, it was a copy of last week tempo, but a tad slower.

Splits per km were: 5:06, 5:02 (10:08), 4:55 (15:03), 4:59 (20:02), 4:45 (24:47), 4:44 (29:31), 4:47 (34:18), 4:37 for 38:55. I feel tired in the first 2-3k, and I thought that it was going to be a bad day, but after the 3k and especially after halfway I found myself better and better and was cruising at 4:45s per km. Finished the tempo breathing pretty good, not huffing and puffing, so the training is working. For cool down I ran around 12 mins, so around 12k total for the day.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario