martes, 23 de abril de 2019

Intervals: 4 x 1200m + 1 x 400m

Today it was the day of intervals. I did these intervals with my brother, We had 4 weeks without running intervals together because of the racing schedule of his, so today We did it together.

The plan for today was 4 x 1200m with 600m recovery jog in between and 1 x 400s or 2 x 200s to finish up.

I warmed up 15 mins easy incorporating 5 x 50m strides as usual. I was not motivated to do the workout today and when I woke up this morning I felt somewhat tired, but I was going to do it anyway, and sometimes you are not going to be motivated and that when it comes discipline into play.

Splits for the 4 x 1200m were 5:12, 5:16, 5:00, 4:51. I felt really good in this workout, in the first 400s felt a bit sluggish, but after the 600s started to feel better and better and that carried through the whole workout. Finished the workout feeling very strong and very good. After the last 1200m jogged 600m to do the final 400s really fast. In this one my brother only did 200s in 38.13, I crossed the 200s behind him, but as I was going to do 400s tried to keep a strong rhythm without losing my form, finished the 400m repeat in 80.72 seconds. So faster than I should probably, but those fast repeats at the end really help me close hard in races.

In the 1200s repeats, I basically did the first 2 with my brother, but in the last 2 I just gapped him some and in the last one I ran 20 secs faster than him, but He did great nonetheless.

Walked 100m after the 400s to recover my breath and then did 13:20 for cool down, so around 1.8k cool down. Around 11.6k total for the day. We enjoyed the workout and were happy with the splits and How We felt. I really was surprised with how good I felt at the end, as opposed to the last interval workout 2 weeks ago, where at the end I felt very bad, and legs were like jelly at the end. Weather was good!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario