domingo, 7 de abril de 2019

Evening Progression Long Run

Today I did not go to the harbor in the morning, did not sleep too well last night so I decided to do my 90 mins run in the Turia Park around 5 p.m. I did not have plans for the evening so that worked well for me and that gave me more time to recover from my Friday 8k tempo.

I ran 45 mins with my brother (He ran 60 mins total to recover from his race yesterday. He did 49:57 in the 10k, so I am happy for him however, I think that He will run much faster in the next one).

We started very slowly and went to the "Churchill", a lot of time without doing that segment, We did 16:35 for the 2.4k, so We started very very slow, since I was fresh, I felt like walking, but I was running with my brother who was sore from the race. The plan for me was to do the last 5k at marathon effort or so, I dont have the least idea of my marathon effort/pace, but I was thinking of 26:40 (5:20/km) for the last 5k. Since I had yesterday to recover, it was a good idea to do some kind of progression in the last 3rd of the run. Those aerobic efforts really help a lot.

The pace in the first 62:19 was around 6:30s, the 2 kms prior to starting the progression were 6:11 and 6:08, so that the change in pace did not feel so hard. Then at 62:19 (9.5k or so) I started the 5k at marathon effort, splits per km for the last 5k were 5:21,5:22,5:12,5:15, 5:15 (but this is the long km, that has around 50 extra meters, so it was around 5 flat) for a total of 26:25 (including the 50m extra, so around 26:10).

Got to that point in 1:28:44, and then ran easy till the 90 mins. I felt pretty good the whole run and very fresh. We are used to run 90 mins less than 15 hours of our tempo run, so We pretty much run the long run very tired. Today I had 2 days after my tempo run and yesterday`s run was very easy, so I did not feel the first hour and on the fast segment felt pretty good and strong. The training is definetely paying off!! and happy with the pace in the last 5k, felt a bit fast, but well under control. Heading the right direction! Weather was pretty good also, very sunny but very cool!

Around 62k for the week! This is my highest week in 8 years or so! Solid week of training and another 6 runs this week!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario