lunes, 1 de abril de 2019

Maintenance evening run + 6 x 100m strides

Today I ran at 6:50 p.m. in the Turia Park, I ran in the Turia today because my brother changed his rest day from Mondays to Thursday, such as I have my weekly structure.

So We met in the Turia park, but We were going to do different things today, He was going to meausure the distance of yesterday`s race with his GPS watch, and I was going to do 8k at a maintainance pace, I have been running easy for a couple of days so today`s easy run should be a bit faster since I am fresh. The goal for today was to average less than 6 mins per km for the whole run.

I pretty much ran alone from the get go, since He was running slowly to recover from the race. I looked at the watch at every km just for fun, but kept the effort easy and in the second half from km 5-7, I did 6 x 100m strides very fast and smooth.

Splits per km were: 6:34 (longer km, I would guess around 20 seconds over 1km, so more like 6:14, 6:00 (12:34), 5:54 (18:28), 5:55 (24:23 halfway), 5:55 (30:18), started the strides and 6th km came in 5:05 (35:23 did 4 x 100m in this km, I had to look at the watch several times since I did not believe that I ran so fast), 7th km came in 5:38 (41:01, did the remaining 2 x 100m strides in this km), then finished with a 6:03 (this is the same long km as the first one, more like 5:40-5:45), finished the 8.1k or so in 47:04 feeling pretty good and fresh. Second half  was in 22:41 so a good negative split.

Felt pretty good on the strides also, a really good maintenance run. Weather was pretty good and finished at 7:40 p.m. and the night had not come, today got dark at 8:25 p.m. or so, so that means that I ll finish my evening runs with light.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario