jueves, 17 de mayo de 2012

A bit of a progresssive

Yesterday took the day off! I was planning a day off this week anyway. This morning my alarm was on vibrator so could not hear it, slept in, but at 11:00.m. I was out the door, to run an easy run of 8.5k at an easy effort, the heat was strong. Decided to take splits once again to pay a bit with the numbers( I know this is adangerous game, but a couple of days dont hurt), Got to the conservatory in 7:25, then 6 laps in 6:00,5:47,5:45( halfway in 25:13, then decided to sped up slowly to moderate effort for the rest of the run, following the advice of Caleb, I was afraid because I thought the leg was not ready for a moderate effort, but it seems that I am healed as it behaved pretty well),5:34,5:23,5:10, then the last 1.2k to get home was in 5:56 in flat terrain and a big downhill, finished in 47:31 for the 8.5k. The effort always was moderate, when the legs wanted to go at a harder pace, I kind of hold back to not get anaerobic, even at the end hold back a lot and remain at the same effort! first sub 5 min/km in a while, felt very good and I am happy that the leg is much better!! the weather was very very hot, but I was so focused on the watch and the body that did not disturb me a lot!! Happy Thursday! More base miles to come( maybe for months), Hope that this easy miles would take my to my PR's

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario