sábado, 26 de septiembre de 2015

Hitting the wall

Yesterday night I ran at 7:20 p.m. and the plan was to run one hour earlier, but due to life getting in the way I had to run at that time.

When everything was said and done, Jose and I went out to the conservatory in 7:38, that pace felt harder than it should, then I did 5 laps there and some more, and Jose did 3 laps there. Splits per lap were 6:01,5:47,5:38,5:56,5:55 and completed the 38:30 in what I think was 38:30 for 6.5k or so.

After the first lap a friend that is a non runner but pretty fit joined us and pushing the pace ( hence the "fast" laps) a bit faster than I would have liked and the heat was very strong.Anyway, I felt frustrated because that pace should have been felt very easy, not labored. When Jose and Ariel stopped I was just relieved and could relax a bit, could finish the run feeling " easier". After the run I was just very tired, that I just had to sat there for several mins, I dont know if it was the heat or what but I was just spent.

Today in the morning at 7: 10 a.m. or so I went out to the conservatory to do 5 laps again and back home, this time for 7.5k. I started at a good pace and feeling pretty good, got to the conservatory in 7:38, feeling decent.

Then did 5 laps in 6:03,5:59,6:15,6:25,6:20 and just had to complete the 40:30 or what I thought was 6.5k to call it a day.

After the first lap I thought that it was going to replicate  yesterday´s run because I virtually had the same time and splits, but you can´t fake effort and deep down I knew that it was a matter of time before I hit the wall. That was basically what happened and the splits just reflected that, when I slowed the pace I felt better, but was very tired and wanted to stop, I almost call it a day before 30 mins, but toughed it out and tried to complete the run, but I was just too spent and called it a day at 40:30 and did the remaining 5-7 mins walking.

Again I hit the wall and a pace that I should keep at the drop of a hat was " hard", I dont know why this is happening because I am training consistently.

I just need to keep training consistently and see what happens, but man that is frustrating!!

Hope you have a great weekend!! Hope that tomorrow´s run is much better!


.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario