lunes, 4 de julio de 2016

Zapping the zero

Yesterday I ran in the evening, around 6:15 p.m. Went out to the conservatory and did 5 laps easy for a total of .5k finishing here at home. Total time was 47:28 and laps were 6:28 down to 6:19, very relaxed and fresh despite doing a tempo run the the day before. I really did not feel sore, as opposed to last week where I felt very sore the day after the tempo, and the tempo was slower. This week I felt normal the day after and much more fresh. Felt good and happy to have run.

Today after work I went out at 6:50 pm. to the conservatory to do another easy run, did 6 laps and 90 seconds to finish there and to complete the 7.5k. total time was 46:20 or so. Laps were 6:29,6:26,6:18,6:18,6:08,4:59. Yeah that 4:59 surprised me, but I wanted to do strides or something fast but not too taxing in the last lap, just before the last lap, a very fast runner that always passes me like I am walking, passed me and I tried to follow him, just could follow him for 200-300, then I gave up, I did not want to turn this into a workout. Ran easy for 100m, then accelerated again for 200s or so, decreased speed again, and then accelerated again, but a much more controlled and sustained pace, then did 90 secs very easy after that lap. I did not look at the watch, I just see splits post run, and I was somewhat suprised to have run sub 5 mins in the last lap, given the segment where I ran very slow, maybe in the fast segmens I really pushed.

As I type this, I dont feel any soreness, so I hope it continues that way, since I want to to a workout on Wednesday. Felt good today, but since I started I was having problems in my right achilles, that felt a bit unconfortable at times. I hope its nothing to worry about!

Have a great start to the week!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario