domingo, 31 de marzo de 2019

Morning easy run

Last night (just like Friday), I drank a couple of beers with my house mates and ate some chocolate and carrot cake, it was delicious. I went to bed at 1 a.m. and I put my alarm to go off at 6:20 a.m., to get my run in again early. I had looked the forecast and it was going to rain the whole rain, but I was going to run early no matter what. My brother`s race was at 10 a.m., so the plan was to get to the race by 9 something am, so the run must be completed at 8 a.m.,

I headed out the house at 7:00 a.m with a very dark sky and it was pouring bit, but not raining hard. Today the hour is changed, so 7 a.m. today is like 6 a.m. yesterday, likewise, its going to get dark much later, which is good when We run at 6-7 p.m.

Anyway, I went to the Blasco park, and did 8 laps, very easy. The first lap was 5:56, and I knew that its going to be a slow day, but then I started to warm up and started increasing the pace, did not look the watch till the end though. Finished the 8 laps in 45:49, then kept running till home, where I completed 47:42 total time.

I felt really good, the rain started when I was finishing my run and as I type this at 5:17 p.m. the steady rain has not stopped. A lot of drunk people in the park because too much bars and discos near by.

Finished a solid week of training again, 6 runs again. I think that I have run 6 times per week in a row since January 15 or so, so I have around 10 weeks running 6 times per week, and I see it as an habit, I think that that is a PR of a streak running 6 times per week.

My brother ran much better than last week, He raced today more according to his fitness, but I do think He can race faster. The course was around 5.2k and He ran 23:30, so ran sub 23 mins for the 5k. The conditions were very wet and the race was held in the Turia park thats where We do our workouts, so We were in familiar territory, when I was there I had the desire to race and if it was not racing, I think that I would have raced with jeans and a Polo shirt. I walked some after the 1st 3 finishers came so I could run with my brother in his last 200m, He just closed very fast as I could not follow him even though I was "fresh". I encouraged him to pass a couple of guys very close to the finish line, He passed one but finished next to the other. As I told him, We have to love the process and tomorrow is the start of another training week, no rest for the wicked man!

Here are a couple of photos that I took:

                   Digging dip in the last 200m!

                     Post race photo!


Have a great weekend!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario