miércoles, 29 de mayo de 2019

Afternoon Intervals: 5 x 1000m with 400m jog rest in between

Today I did the intervals that I had planned, which was 5 x 1000m with 400m jog rest in between, I do them with half distance recovery (500m), but my brother do them with only 400m, so whatever. I ran at 5:40 p.m. today with my brother. He is on Vacation, so We ran earlier, that meant that the heat was going to be higher too, but no problem. Its been almost 1 month without doing interval work and that was noticed today. I was just too tired.

We warmed up 15 mins and I incorporated my usual 5 x 50m or so strides to loosen up the legs and We were ready to go. Today I only looked at the watch at the end of each repeat, not during.

The only repeat that I feel good was on the first one, during the second onward I felt really tired and the legs felt tired. I battled through though and finished. I felt labored the whole way and by the end was very tired, did not push it a lot, so that I don't bury myself for "Saturday`s race" (more on that later). Wanted to at least one repeat to run it sub 4 mins for the first time in years, but that did not happen today, I could have done that, but as I said I would have buried myself.

Splits for me were: 4:14, 4:18, 4:14 (out and back 500m), 4:11, 4:04. As you can see by the numbers I ran good, but given how I felt, I don't consider this to be a great workout, just a decent workout. Not really bad, to be the first one after the break.

My brother ran pretty good, He said He felt pretty good for the whole workout and I could only build a gap in the last repeat, in the others He was a step behind and He even beat me in the second one.

I felt like trash, but in the cool down felt pretty good, cooled down for 12:16, so around 1.7k, for I would say was 10.6k total for the day.

Today when I was going to register for Saturday`s race, the system says its sold out, They only admit 2000 people apparently,but they say that registration would be till tomorrow 8 p.m., so I was paying attention to that, so it seems that my brother and I are out from this race, I am pissed off about that, I was attracted to that route. Anyway, it seems that We will have to do a 5k tempo on Saturday to make things up.

Weather was very hot today, but We managed it pretty well!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario