lunes, 13 de mayo de 2019

Evening unplanned Marathon effort run

Today I ran at 7 p.m. in the Blasco park with my brother, although We did not run together since I ran just a bit slower than tempo pace and He ran at recovery pace to recover from the race. I was going to run easy, but as soon as I saw the gal that passed me yesterday, I wanted to have some fun today and give her a lesson today. I am in my break, meaning that no structured workouts till end of next week maybe or two weeks from now.

She had a gap of 100+ meters when I started, I started the run fast from the get go and it felt kind of easy, I felt very recovered from the very light week of training last week.

I crossed the 1st lap in 4:36, She was around 20-30m ahead, in the half of the second lap I finally caught her and We ran pretty much together for 3 laps or so, I was feeling very good and easy, We were rolling at 4:40-4:44 per lap, which is much faster than my normal easy pace, but I felt just as easy, surprisingly. Then She suddenly stopped and I was running alone for my last 3 laps, as soon as She stopped, I increased pace and did the last 3 laps in 4:32,4:34 and 4:16 to finish the 8 laps in 36:57, my fastest time ever for 8 laps. I averaged per 5:07 per km, I felt pretty good and controlled. However, in the last lap my finger in the foot was bothering a lot and I limping at times, that does not interfere with the last lap being the fastest, and cardiopulmonary, that lap felt the easiest. Its nice to run faster sometimes, but that is not my easy pace by any means, I just did that because I am not running structured workouts right now, I am more about of running hard on hard days and easy on easy days.

Weather was good, 7 p.m. looks like 4 p.m. these days. Hope that the finger does not bother. Tomorrow will be real easy.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario