miércoles, 15 de mayo de 2019

Evening Moderate to hard run

This morning, my brother told me that He wanted to run sub 5 mins per lap in the Blasco park , meaning around 5:30/km pace. I decided to go with him and was looking forward to it. Today I did not drink my daily soda, and had a strong headache for the whole afternoon, even right before running. Luckily, that did not interfere with my running and even my running helped the ache to decrease.

The plan was to do the whole run at the pace that my brother suggested, He told me to do 45 mins ( so close to 9 laps in the Blasco park at that pace). We started the run at 7:00 p.m. with the sun shining hard and very good weather not too hot indeed.

First lap for me was 5:14, I had to stop for 9-10 seconds to tie my shoe, my brother crossed in 5:04, then I caught up to him. Crossed the second lap together in 10:07 (4:53 for me), I was feeling pretty good and the breathing was easy, 3rd lap in 4:51 (14:58), 4th lap in 4:52 (19:50), 5th lap in 4:48 (24:38), I was feeling pretty good at that time, felt that I could sustain that forever. 6th lap in 4:48 (29:26), 7th lap in 4:43 (34:09), then I started to increase the pace a bit and started to drop my brother, 8th lap came in 4:25 (38:34), We were supposed to do 9th lap, but then I remembered that my brother wanted to do 45 mins, so I had to continue to 45 mins, but then decided to complete the 10th lap. Anyway, I had dropped my brother and I really pushed the second half of the 9th lap doing that lap in 3:59 (42:33), I felt somewhat tired but I recovered quickly and tried to stay at a good effort and complete the 10th lap in 4:16 to finish up 10 laps or 9 kms in 46:49. My brother stopped at 45 mins, and crossed the 9 laps in 43:13 and He felt really good.

I was pissed off with myself after the run, because I am in my break and I was supposed to run at the planned pace just sub 5 mins per lap or 5:30 per km, but I got impatient in the last 2-3 laps and started pushing. I am in good shape, but I will have time to do legitimate workouts, this time without workouts is to regroup and start another hard cycle stronger, not to test your ego in moderate runs. Anyway, it was what it was! Felt good overall and when you are running at that effort kms (and laps) pass by very quickly! 5:12 per km pace for the whole run, not too bad considering that the plan was 5:30/km. Oh well!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario