martes, 28 de mayo de 2019

Fueled evening easy run

Today I was supposed to do the interval workout, but We went to the All you can eat buffet at lunch time, so the workout was not happening. I know that by the time its time to run, We are still full, so We move the workout to tomorrow. We probably are racing a 5850m race on Saturday evening, so no problem if We moved the workout to tomorrow.

I ate a lot today, but not over the top, since I still put good importance on my run, I thought that I was going to run at 8 p.m. or so, but at 6:45 p.m. I was ready to go, a bit full, but ready to go.

The plan for today was to run 8-9 laps in the Blasco park, so 7.2-8.1k total, depending on how I felt. I thought that today`s run it was going to be a struggle, but it was quiet the opposite to be honest. I was full, but was feeling pretty good and fresh, having said that, its pretty different to run 4:15 per km pace and 6:15 mins per km pace, so I might not be feeling that good if I would have done the workout.

First lap was in 5:40, which surprised me since I thought that I was going at 6 mins per lap (6:40 per km pace), then did looked at the watch in the 4 laps, the watch said 22:10, which also surprised, then I turned directions, its very rare for me to change directions, but to mix things up a bit, did just that, did not look at the watch till the end of the run, but pressed the button in the 8th lap, it was 44:06 and finished the 9 laps (8.1k) in 49:32 , 5:26 for the last lap. It was very hot today, but for some reason I felt really good today and the effort felt really easy. A lot of people running in the park made things easier too.

My brother just called me to say that another friend called Luis and himself were registering in Saturday`s race which finish inside the Valencia Football Stadium, so its going to be cool, so I am 90% in. The registration is pretty cheap, so it makes things easier. I am feeling good on my runs, I ll see how I feel in tomorrow`s intervals.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario