miércoles, 4 de enero de 2012

Catching up

Monday- took the day off.

Tuesday- This morning around 9:30 a.m. I squeezed 3 laps to the conservatory and back, so 5.5k around 30 mins, in the last lap, included 4 strides. Felt good today and the temps were good also. I would have liked to run more but I had a commitment.

This morning I went out a bit late, around 10:50a .m., Today I had planned to do my first inverval workout in a long while, wanted to do 5 x 1 min fast, 1 min easy, that what I did, warmed up 2 miles(2 laps in the conservatory in 18:39), then started the intervals, I got tired in the last 20 seconds of each interval, but the form was good throughout the mini workout, then cooled down 2 more miles in 18:39 as well, total for the day was 8.5k in 46:25. I think that this season I ll follow the Rubio´s approach of doing hardworkouts all yearround but in a controlled manner and when the goal race approach tweak the workout a bit with less recovery, more repeats or more intense. Anybody has tried this?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario