domingo, 15 de enero de 2012

The ¨long run¨

This morning I woke up at 7:00 a.m. and went out to my ¨long run¨with Danilo an my father, my plan today was to run 12-13 kms, at 7:40 a.m. We went out and with around 1.2k we opted for a bit of a change of the route, so got to the mirador in 15:36, around 3-4 mins more than We normally get there, then after the 6th kms we got Danilo and I took off, they were running too slow for my taste, and I continued at a 5:45 per km pace, but then I tried to control my pace and take it easy but the splits were getting faster and faster without wanting it, I felt tired from 6-8 kms, but then felt quiet stronger and in the last 2.5k I think I averaged sub 8:20 pace without forcing the issue, got to my house in 65:52, then ran more to complete the 70 mins, so I ran around 12.2 kms today. Felt great, it seems that my shape is getting back.

12.2k total, 70 mins.

Runs this week: 6 runs, I love this consistency.

Kilometraje semanal: around 58.2 kms, not my best but definetely heading in the right direction and I am starting to feel stronger thanks to the workouts and the training, hope to not suffer from the shin splints.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario