domingo, 29 de enero de 2012

The long run: 16k

Oh well, it seems that the term long run gets more sense for me as the weeks go by , as 12-14k is not a true long run, but from 10 miles on it start to be, oh well!!, this morning I wanted to break some barriers and attempt my 10 miles , did not do 10 miles since May of 2011, it seems that I am way ahead of my training at this time of the year, hope I dont platau or get injured!!
At 6:50 a.m. I woke up and then went out around 7:15 a.m. with my brother Danilo to do my 10 miles , he would around 13 miles, I ran without a watch, wanted to put in the miles and run by effort, did not feel very good today as my legs were fry from this week of training, the tempo yesterday was on hills, maybe that was the reason I had deadlegs, the first 3/4 of the run We did it together after that he kind of took off and I was by my own, he only gapped me by around 25 seconds, according to Danilo´s watch I finished the 16k in 1:31:50s, and the first half according to him We crossed in 47:15, so good negative split, I felt better in the second half legwise, but I was very tired overall body because of the distance, had to do mental tricks to get it done, oh well! I think that this will turn out easier next time, I want to build my long run to 13+ miles, something that I have never done before!! Nice run, nice weeks of training!!

Runs this week:6 runs

Kilometraje semanal: around 61 kms, wanted to do more yesterday but went out later than planned, that is only my fault though!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario