domingo, 16 de junio de 2013

Dawn longer run

This morning was up at 6:05 a.m. not sleepy at all, it seems that I am getting used to this predawn life. Today I did a longer run, its not a long run, but its a longer run for me compared to my average runs. At 6:50 a.m. I headed out with my father to the mirador, I had planned to do 12-13k depending on how I felt out there, I decided to do 13k, bu I basically did this run alone, I dropped my father 800 meters into the run, did not like that, that meant that I was going to run alone, it basically happened that way. At around 6k I met two uknown guys, I was preparing to pass and one of them started to racing me and built a gap, hey! I was just running easy recovering from my Friday workout and preparing for Tuesday´s workout, maybe We can race on Tuesday, but I ll give him the victory today since I was just cruising along, halfway was in 38:18 and I finished the run in 1:14:59. At 10k mark(58:20), I stopped briefly to buy a water bottle, it was too hot there and I was thirsty, so that water tasted really good and really recovered me, too humidity and heat these days!! but that wont stop me!!! Did 13k@ 74:59. Tomorrow is a rest day! The last 3 weeks have been great for me, I feel like I am training again, not just running along, but with a plan( intervals, tempos,longer runs, recovery runs,etc), that keeps me very motivated, and whatever people say about periodization is the best approach for peaking and all of that , workouts all year round its pretty fun and you feel confident and fit all year round. After all We are not olympians. Have a great Sunday!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario