viernes, 21 de junio de 2013

Dawn tempo run

Today is Tempo run day, so I woke up early at 5:30 a.m. and took my time to go out since from today till July 15th, I am off from work (vacation mode), so good news! At 6:20 a.m. I went out with my father to the mirador and warmed up 3k, then stretched a couple of mins and my 5k tempo started, I was a bit worried because I did not want to feel the way I did yesterday, did not do bad time wise, but the effort was higher than I would have liked at the end, splits per km were: 4:35,4:41,4;46,4:42,4:44. Half in 11:39 an finished the 5k in 23:28, so positive split by 8-10 seconds, I wanted to slow down a bit in the second half since I dont want to push pace on these runs, these runs are about to really learn to clear lactate and to run confortably hard, not to do time trials, but it was what it was!! 3k cool down for a total of 11k in around 62 mins. It seems that I am still somewhat weak from the stomach problems from Tuesday, since did not feel super strong there! Pst. my father kept going when I stopped stretching, then I catched him a mile later!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario