viernes, 30 de octubre de 2015

Morning mini intervals

Yesterday I slept in to be honest , felt guilty for part of the day, but then decided that it was going to be my rest day. So today I was up at 5:45 a.m., but headed out at 6:45 a.m. to the conservatory to do the same old route as the whole week, the only difference is that since Wednesday I had planned to do some intervals, at least 5 x 1 min fast, 1 min slow to start the anaerobic stuff!!

I did not look at the watch today except when I was doing the 5 x 1 min, I did 1 plus lap corner to corner ( about 20 mins into the run), then the fun started, the first one I think that I did it too fast since I was huffing and puffing right away, to sum things up, I was huffing and puffing even on the recovery min, and on 2 occassions I had to take more than 1 min, because I was still very tired from the " on" part. Splits were 7:39 to get to the conservatory, 3 laps corner to corner in 10:00,8:49 ( this included pretty much the whole workout),9:57, ran 1:30 inside the park before getting out to do 7:13 from the conservatory to home running very easy.

When I finished the 5 x 1 min, I thought about stopping to catch my breath before the cooldown, but toughed it out because in the race you dont have recovery, and I started jogging the cooldown( most part of the 3rd lap and back home) huffing and puffing, I was making a lot of noise, some people stared at me in an akward manner!

Anyway, I was happy to have gotten this one in, its an easy workout (in terms of duration), and I want to increase that to 10 repeats in the upcoming weeks, I am very unfit anaerobically, because the breathing was out of control for most of the 5 x 1 min on and off, and also because one year ago ( I checked my blog from October, November last year) I was running almost 2 min faster in a 5k race ( Christmas 5k on December), eventhough I was training at the same pace, even slower sometimes.

Around 7.5k total or more in 45:24.

 Happy to have gotten this one in, I want to run a double digit ( in kms) this weekend, its time to get down those racing times. I have also realized that in the morning I am more motivated to do workouts, the last time I did a workout was on June I think, and it was the same as today.

Have a great Friday everyone!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario