sábado, 10 de octubre de 2015

Watchless shake out + strides

Today I headed out at 6:00 p.m. with my brother and my friend Alexis. Alexis had years without running, but 4 years ago He was a very good runner whom my brother and I trained. I think He did very good today because He completed the run with us. Besides that, He is at an ideal running weight, if He starts training again He could fly.

I went out without a watch today and just ran easy, at first it was very easy, but in the last 10-15 mins I decided to speed up a bit, because going that slow would not help me tomorrow, in fact, it could be counterproductive and affect my form.

I did 4 laps today and in the last lap incorporated 4 x 100s at a good pace, it was not at my normal strides pace, because that could force me to  go out harder than I should tomorrow. Instead, I just did them at a good controlled pace and eventhough I did them controlled, I huffed and puffed at times, and that was frustrating.

All in all, I completed the 5.5k and I think that I ll be just fine for tomorrow`s Rexona 5k.

My expectations for the race are not that good, because in the last 5-6 months I have only run sub 5 mins in 1k, one time, and that happened to be on Wednesday and it was not too confortable.

Honestly, I wont be surprised if I run 26 something, which is farly slow for me, but given recent efforts it wont be that easy.

We will see if in December I can muster something much better and lose some weight eliminating sugary drinks and sodas.

I have realized that I have trained very consistent this year, but the weight is still there and that is frustrating, I am not eating that much, but it seems that my severe coke addiction is paying off, I hope that eliminating that s$·%$t, I ll be much leaner when December rolls around. Man training 5-6 times per week and not seeing the scale moving in the right direction is frustrating!!

Speaking of, no coke today either!! Just need to cut that habit out of my life!

Have a great Saturday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario