sábado, 17 de octubre de 2015

Post race lack of motivation

I did not run on Thursday or Friday, I tried to wake up in the morning both days but did not succeed, in the evening I did not have a lot of motivation. That always happens to me the week after a race, and is not necessary a bad thing (if you are not training through it and have a bigger goal of course) but luckily this time it wont drag several weeks since today I was back in the wagon feeling pretty good and motivated to fix my recent race disasters, are not disasters by ifself, because its a true indicator of my actual fitness.

Today at 7:15 a.m. I went out with my father to the conservatory and as lately took all the splits, but only looked at the watch at the end so basically ran blind during the run. I felt really good during the run, the first couple of laps felt long mentally, but then got into a great groove and just cruises. In the last lap I incorporated 4 x 100s strides or so at a good rythm, just to get the turnover moving, felt awesome!

I did 7.5k in 45:59 and my father in 46:40, I got to the conservatory in 7:46 , then 5 laps in 6:27,6:22,6;14,6:00,5:43 (striddes), and back home in 6:53 (around 5:50 per km). The weather was hot, but We have a nice breeze at times.

7.5k total!!

I probably will run with my brother and a friend this evening, I am not sure, but We will see, if not!! then See you tomorrow morning!!

Have a great Saturday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario