lunes, 8 de febrero de 2016

Endless patience

Today I got hungry and tired from work and I almost bag the run, but I thought better of it and got out there. I went out at 7:25 p.m. to the conservatory at a very easy pace to recover from yesterday`s mini tempo.

I got to the conservatory in 8:06 and then did 5 laps in 6:25,6:24,6:20,6:17,6:19 and back home in 7:26 to complete 7.5k in 47:53. So as you can see it was very slow, but I felt pretty good and a couple of people passed me today but I have decided to train smart and to run each run with a purpose. Today`s purpose was to run easy and recover, if they want to race, then I can give them a run for their money on my workouts or on races, not on easy days.

I think that that applies to other areas of life as well, sometimes you want things and you want it now, but when you stop for a bit and  analize things, you realize that you better wait for a bit, so that you can get that thing easier.

Instant gratification is never good, but I have to admit that sometimes having patience is a kick in the ass, because you have to make sacrifices and not necessarily get results in the short term.

Hope you have a great start to the week!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario