miércoles, 3 de febrero de 2016

Post work fartlek

 When I got off work, I felt tired, but on my way to home I even toyed with the idea of skipping the workout and stay home " resting", as soon as I got home I motivated myself and I went out to do my planned mini fartlek.

At 7:05 p.m. I went out to the conservatory warmed up for 1 lap (2.2k total), and then did 6 x 1 min fast with 1 min recovery in between. then I ran easy the rest of the way to complete the cool down, 5 laps total and back home and 7.5k in the bag.

I felt somewhat heavy during the workout, and I did not feel particulary well, It was not as fast as other times, because I wanted to do it controlled, plus my 3k race pace or so is not that fast right now, so I think the effort level was spot on.

During the cool down I felt very good and loose, when I got home I felt renewed as if I had not worked for the day, that is the magic in running. When you are focused on a workout, your mind just switch the day mental tiredness and focus on the task at hand.

Fartlek done! Hope you have a great Humpday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario