domingo, 3 de abril de 2011

The long run: Highest weekly mileage in a while ( or ever?)

This morning I woke at 6:30 a.m., or so, I went out with my father and Danilo to do my long run, We went to the mirador, to the 5th kilometer(luperon) and back, I was out at a good pace, faster than the last long run, and did not feel that tired from yesterday's tempo run, good news!!, Felt strong the whole way, on the way back I was thirsty but not like last week, I could get to my house without problems, I finished the 16 kms in 1:29:55, have to admit that with around 300s to go, I looked at my watch and saw 1:28:41 and said, i need to get this under 90 mins, so I increased the pace and was looking the watch like crazy, could get my goal!! Nice week of training ( all morning runs!, as I said, when I run in the morning I have the opportunity and motivation to run more, this week is a proof, My highest mileage ever I think, or at least in around 1.5 years!!

Runs this week: 6 runs

Kilometraje semanal: 73 kms or 45.3 miles, Felt very strong during this week. I just need to repeat this several times, but next week it wont can be, cuz I ll be racing on Saturday and I will run very easy and short on Friday, and I dont know how much I will run on sunday.

1 comentario:

  1. Congratulations, Cesar! Wow. That's a great week of training. I missed a few runs because of work, but sometimes a rest is best. That 5k of yours is very close -- hopefully, your legs won't be too heavy from the mileage.

    ResponderEliminar