domingo, 24 de abril de 2011

The "Long run"

Today I woke at 6:20 a.m. and Danilo, my father and myself went out at 6:47 a.m. for my long run, the 16k, I felt very good when I woke up after yesterday's tempo run. We went out at an easy pace, but my left foot bothered me for half of the run, then on the way back I ran pain free. I did not force the pace at the end and I felt very good and strong. I was not that desperate to get home like on past runs, today I just cruised and was positive all the way, I have to say that today's 16k did not tired me at all, I will have to increase my long run soon. I did the 16k in 1:31:51 (47:07, 44:44), only pressed the split button, but never look at the watch during the run. Felt very good, but the foot is worriying me. After the 16k I ran about 200m more to get to 75k for the week. The weather was good but very sunny in the second half. Today Wednesday 27th I realized that on Wedneday 20th I did 13k of total work, so the extra 200m was not really necesary.

16k total, 1:31:51.

Runs this week: 6 runs, the consistency is great.

Kilometraje semanal": 75.2 kms or 46.7 miles. I am sure that this is my highest mileage ever, and I am feeling quite strong, We will see how I race in the upcoming races. My workouts and my feelings are heading the right direction.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario