viernes, 8 de marzo de 2019

6k Tempo run + 2 x 200m

Yesterday was my planned day off.

Today I have my tempo run planned. My brother did his workout this morning because in the afternoon/evening He had a work activity. That meant that I had to do my Tempo run alone. The plan for today was to do a 6k tempo and if I felt good add 2 x 200m into the mix.

I got to the Turia Park at 5:10 p.m. to start my workout. I warmed up 15 mins easy and incorported 5 x 50m strides. The plan for today was sub 30 mins for the 6k. Today I wore my watch and looked at it every km to track pace.

1st km was confortable in 4:54, next one was very unconfortable in terms of the stride, I felt tight and unconfortable, this came in 5:00 (9:54), in the third one felt better, but not great, came in 4:54 (14:49), then turned around and just wanted to maintain the same pace as in the first lap, I was not feeling that great and my breathing was faster than I would have liked, however, I always feel much better in the second half and is usually faster so I knew that I would feel better. 4th km came in 4:59 (19:48), and in the last 2 kms is when I could stay loose and felt pretty good on those last 2k, 5th km came in 4:55 (24:43), and in the last one relaxed as much as I could while moving my legs faster but without straining, last one came in 4:47 , for a total of 29:30 for 6k, so negative split by 8 seconds or so. The splits were all over the place, but I think I did a good workout. After the tempo, jogged 400m and then did 2 x 200m in 41 & 42 seconds recovering 200m between each repeat. After the 200s, I was very tired and the breathing was labored, walked 100m before doing my cool down, did 12:15 for my cool down at an easy pace. 11k total for the day, so the day was solid.

Long run tomorrow morning, I hope to not wake up too tired!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario