martes, 5 de marzo de 2019

Lunch Interval workout

Today I had an appointment at 6 p.m. so it was at the same time that my brother and I do the workouts. I tried to run early in the morning, but I had to wake up at 5:20 a.m. to do it and I set the alarm for that time, but I went to bed at 10 p.m. but I could not fall sleep till 12-1 a.m., so I messaged my brother and told him that I would not wake up that early. Thought about moving the workout to tomorrow, but I was not sure about that. I had to buy a couple of belts and cut my hair, so it was a busy morning, I got home at 1 p.m. but I had 3 hours to spare before taking off to my appointment (I left at 4:30p.m.). I decided to run at 1 p.m. in the Blasco park, but even then I was not sure about doing the workout.

However, I told myself that I would do 1 lap and then decide if continue easy or do my workout, just before finishing the 1st lap I decided to go ahead with my interval workout, no need to move it. I warmed up 2 laps in 11:50 and then completed the 15 mins, incorporated 5 x 50m strides to loosen up.

The plan was 4 x 1 lap (900m) with 3:30 recovery jog, then 1 x 2 mins fast to complete 4 - 4.1k worth of interval running. I did just that and felt pretty good as the workout progressed, worked hard and got the job done. Splits for 4 laps were 3:53,3:47,3:47,3:47 so it was very even and better than last time I did the same workout and today it was much hotter since it was at the middle of the day. Also in the last 1 x 2 mins I covered some more meters than last time, so that also was an inprovement. Felt very happy at the end and satisfied. For cool down did 2 laps in 11:47 (5:59,5:48) and completed 13 mins for cool down. Its amazing how slow the cooldown feel after you have loosened up the legs running at interval pace. Around 6 miles total of running.

That workout really set the mood for the rest of the day and relaxed me. Weather was a bit hot, but good.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario