viernes, 22 de marzo de 2019

Afternoon maintainance run

Yesterday I took my usual day off.

Today I ran at 5 p.m. with my brother in the Turia park. The plan was to do 8k, but We have to hurry the run and cut it short, because We were invited to the football Stadium, the team of Spain was going to warm up there and the entries were free, so why not? I dont know much about football (soccer), but it was nice nonetheless.

So We decided to do around 7k and finish the run in our respective houses, because the meeting was at 6:30 p.m. in the Mestalla Stadium which is around 15 mins from my home on foot.

I decided to run my run like Monday`s today, no need to run at recovery pace when you dont have nothing to recover from. So I started faster than my normal recovery pace, the first km+ was in 6:30, but that km is the longest so it was more like 6:05 or 6:10, then the second came in 5:52, 3rd in 5:46, in the end of this km did 1 stride, then in the 4th km that came in 23:37 I incorporated 5 x 100m strides in around 20 seconds, I did a total of 6 strides, like I do in the Blasco park. In the first stride I felt slow, but then once I lossen up felt great. When I left the Turia park to head to home I had 27:58 in 4.8k or so. Then ran to home and had to stop in various intersections. When I got home in around 41 mins I decided to run 1 more mins and call it a day in 42 mins to say that I did 7k at 6 mins per km, but I am sure I did some more, because I was running way sub 6 mins per km. Anyway, it was an easy run with some strides. Tomorrow morning I ll run easier than today to get to the race ready to go.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario