viernes, 1 de marzo de 2019

Evening 5k tempo run + 2 x 200s

Yesterday was my day off.

Today I had planned my tempo run with my brother. We met at 5:50 p.m. to start the tempo workout at 6:00 p.m. in the Turia Park. We warmed up for 15 mins and I included 5 x 50m strides as usual to loosen up the legs.

I did not wear a watch today, as I wanted to run by effort. My brother was wearing his GPS, so I would know my time afterwards. We went out at a good clip and rhythm. I was running completely by effort.

I felt pretty good in the first half, things did not feel so good in the last 2k, but still it was managable. After the halfway point my brother put a gap of me of around 12-15 seconds from 2.5-3k, then I could bridge that gap in the last 20m of the run, maybe He was waiting for me, or I sped up more than necessary, I did not increase a lot my effort though. In the last mile He had a 11 seconds gap on me and in the last km around 8 seconds. I calculated that counting in my head. After the 5k I jogged 400m to recover as honestly I was breathing very hard and was tired, I told my brother that We either ran too fast or I was still tired from the race and Tuesday`s light workout. After the 400m recovery I did 2 x 200m alone with 200m recovery, In the first one I felt very slow and heavy but could turnover the legs by the end. In the second one, legs were a bit looser and I could run faster, I dont know how fast I did them, but it was around 45 seconds.

After the 200s, I asked the time We did in the 5k and it was 24:08, I was very surprised, but breathing does not lie and I knew that We ran faster than planned, I planned to run around 24:40s, but all in all it was a good effort and honestly it did not feel that fast. My brother is in pretty good shape as well, that is his fastest tempo run in several years. Both halves were 12:14/11:54 according to my brother`s watch, nice negative Split.

We did around 1.7k easy cool down. Around 10k total for the day!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario