martes, 26 de marzo de 2019

Evening fartlek

Today I had planned a light workout, so that I could still recover from the race, but at the same time get some stimulus from some stress. I wanted to do something like I did the Tuesday after my past race, which was  a fartlek of a couple of kms of easy running and then do 3-4 hard 1000m and 1000m easy in between, not recovery pace, but like maintainance pace, for 10k.

I met my brother at 6:50 p.m. in the Turia park to do just what I described. I was somewhat tired from the race, but I felt good enough to a light workout and the workout suggest that I am in pretty good shape, so my brother. He did run very bad on Sunday and I told him so, He is in shape to finish with me  or at the very worse, some seconds behind, but not 97 seconds behind like in Sunday, Oh Well! Those early accelerations maybe caught up to him!

We did 10k with a couple  of kms to warm up, then did 4 x 1k hard with 1k easy in between.
Splits were: 6:48 (this km is the longest and it probably add 20 seconds to a normal km, so more like 6:28), 6:07 (12:55), 4:41 (17:36), 6:01 (23:37), 4:31 (28:08), 6:00 (34:08), 4:24 (38:32), 6:07 (44:39), 4:18 (48:57), 5:56 (this is again the long km as in the beginning, more like 5:36 -5:40 for that final km, I told my brother speed up a bit to get sub 55 mins, finished in 54:53 for 10.05k according to my brother`s GPS. My watch is a normal stopwatch, so those splits are calculating in my head, thats why I put the elapsed time next to the split.

I felt really good in this workout, it was not very taxing, but those kms easy kept the run moving so when you start the fast part you were recovered, but at the same time the legs were heavy. I think also that We run faster that We should have, because the race was just on Sunday, but to be honest We just felt good and went with it. This kind of workout which some coaches call it Wave tempo run, its good training for long races, but You have to do more fast segments and the recovery should be somewhat faster than maintainance pace.

Anyway, It was a good workout and for sure much better than running easy. My brother beated me in most of the repeats so He is in much better shape than what He ran on Sunday, He will race a 5k on Sunday to take revange.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario