martes, 12 de marzo de 2019

Evening intervals: 1 x 1600s + 6 x 400s

Today its Tuesday so that means its Interval day. I ran with my brother so We help each other to push the pace a bit while keeping good form and stayed relaxed.

The plan for today was 1 x 1600m, 800m recovery jog and then 6 x 400m with 200m recovery jog in between. 15 mins warm up and 13 mins cool down.

The warm up was pretty easy and incorporated 5 x 50m strides, that has become a part of my warm up to loose the legs.

When the workout started my brother took off, pretty much I ran alone in the 1600m repeat, I crossed the first 200s in 55 seconds, so I as soon as I watched that I increased the effort, no way I was going to run over 7:15 for the 1600m, did not look again until the end of the repeat, but I sped up after the first 200s, finished in 7:02 for the 1600m repeat. My brother finished in 6:52, good work for him!

However, that is just the beginning of the workout, We still had 6 x 400m to do at a good clip, I was thinking about 3k effort or so, but they were done much faster, but We felt good! The 6 x 400m were done in 94,95,95,94,91,80. Yes! In the last one I let loose and pretty much ran as fast as I could while staying relaxed and with good form. 80 seconds in 400m I think is my fastest time in 10 years for the distance. When I was training for the mile that I muster a 5:29, its the last time I ran the 400s close to 80 seconds, it has passed a decade after that, time flys by!! My brother finished a while back , maybe in 90 seconds for the last one, He pretty much beated me in the remaining repeats though, but I was saving my energy for the last one, to simulate finishing hard in a race.

We walked 100s and then started our cool down, I did 13:37 for cool down. Around 9.8k total for the day!

Good workout and We both were very happy with the times and How We felt. A lot of people running in the Turia Park today, so at times it was hard to run because you had to dodge people!
A lot of improvement for me since I did this very same workout on November or so, the times have improved a lot, I remember when I did 98 seconds in 400s and my legs were pretty much destroyed and for the last one I could only muster 95-96 seconds pretty much all out, nowadays I could maintain that 95-96 for a mile straight (even more), so I have improved a lot. I just need to keep doing what I am doing and I ll get back to my old PR`s one day!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario