sábado, 30 de marzo de 2019

Early morning long run in the harbor

Today I woke up very early at 6:00 a.m. to do my long run early in the harbor. The reason why is that I wanted to buy a couple of shirts and if I do the long run as usual, that cheap stores close at mid day, so I wanted to get it out of the way early. The alarm was set for 6:20 or so, but as lately, I am waking way before my alarm. I needed time before going out because I have to take of GI issued on morning runs. I got out the door at 7:05 a.m. and walked to the harbor. As I said, my brother is racing tomorrow so no long run for him, so I had to do most of it by myself, however, after I would do the first look that always take us around 57 mins, He would run with me till I complete the 90 mins and He would complete his 30+ shake out run, a good deal.

I started running at 7:30 a.m. without eating breakfast of course, when I run that early (9 a.m. or earlier), I dont eat breakfast. Running fasted does not affect me negatively whatsoever, even for races, I always race morning races fasted and I always feel pretty good. I guess that for long races I would have to try something light, but not sure.

Anyway, I started the run easy and the harbor was very clear and free of people, when We run at 11 a.m. the harbor is full of people eating, walking, hanging out. At 7:30 a.m. it was like a desert, I liked that, but I guess that its not always good, I really like the enviroment of the harbor, the scenery, the people, people in the beach, etc. Today it was just me and the scenery and a couple of runners out there. It felt very peacefully.

I hit the first turn around in 28:58, so a tad faster than most days, but hit the 9k ( I call it the first loop) in 57:17 ,2 weeks ago it was 57:13, so I did not negative split that much today, no biggies, it was just an easy effort and I just ran a 6k tempo last evening, so this is sort of a recovery run as well, then met my brother and the remaining segment of the run passed by quickly since I was talking with my brother. Felt good, but the knees felt tired at the end, but felt strong and the weather given that it was earlier than usual was very fresh. I think that from now on, We will have to get out long runs in earlier (like today), since its heating up. 90 mins finished by 9 .m. I felt accomplished.

Tomorrow the forecast is rain the whole day, We will see how the run plays out, I have the run scheduled for 7 a.m. or so, because I am watching my brother`s race at 10 a.m.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario