sábado, 16 de marzo de 2019

Late morning "Long" run in the harbor

Yesterday night after the Tempo, I went out at 10 p.m. with friends to a concert and to see the fallas, went back to home at 5:15 a.m. and went to sleep. Luckily, I just drink a couple of beers, so I was good to go about doing my long run at 11 a.m., Lately We have been doing the long run at 10 a.m. in the harbor, but I asked my brother to move the run until 11 a.m., so that I could sleep a little more. I woke up at 9:55 a.m., so just sleep around 4 hours. Did not eat breakfast today, but I was determined to do my long run no matter what.

We started the run at 11 a.m. as planned and We ran 90:14, in the first turn around We had 29:12 and I felt pretty good, but kept the effort easy. Then told myself 1 more hour and We are done! I never looked at the watch again, but pressed the split button in the first loop, 57:13 (looked at that time post run), so We negative split by 1:11 or so, then I felt better and better after the hour, but I think that is because that the end of the run was close. Completed 90:14, and I only looked at the watch in the first 29:12, then did not look again and I think that helped me relax, however, whatever the pace you have to complete 90 mins, so looking at the watch does not make much sense.

I think this is the best that I have felt in a long run, went to bed at 5:30 a.m. and did not eat breakfast today, but also I did not was very tired from yesterday`s tempo unlike past weeks that when I started running in the long run I felt tired because of the previous evening workout. Weather was good also! I think it was a good run and I did the job despite not being able to sleep a lot, no excuses!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario