martes, 19 de marzo de 2019

Late morning interval workout: 5 x 800m

Today its a public holiday here and is the last day of last fallas, so after I woke up at 7:20 a.m. to read some and cook my lunch my brother and I decided to do our intervals at 11:30 a.m. so that We could have the afternoon/evening free to enjoy the last day of las fallas.

This time around I started my warm up directly from home and met my brother in front of his house, I had 6:20 when We met, so We ran to the Turia park and I kind of got lost, but quickly my found my way back to the park and the warm up was longer than usual. My warm up today was 18:00, incorporated 5 x 50m strides after the 10 mins of running.

For today We had planned 5 x 800m faster than 5k effort with 400m recovery. The sun was shining hard, but it was not too hot, its a beautiful day. I think this workout was a success, I felt pretty good and strong and in the last repeat I could run 2:59.81, which is a time that I think I could not run now, like the 400s, I had around 8-10 years that I could not run that fast in 800s intervals. I am happy about it, I am very far from my PR`s shape as I have 5:29 in the mile, but getting there little by little.

Splits today were: 3:27,3:28,3:23,3:21, 2:59.81.

In the last one I planned to do it hard, but when I saw 89-90s in the first 400m of last repeat, I told myself that maybe I could break 3 mins, so I pushed and in the last 100m pushed hard without losing form and I got it. Was huffing and puffing hard after the workout and maybe I excedeed myself, since I generally do intervals way faster than my "actual" fitness, but I have been always a "training" runner, meaning that I run faster on intervals and workout than in races. 16:58 cool down easy running to home. Its good to do these workouts with my brother.

Around 10.3-10.5k total. Another good workout in the books!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario