lunes, 27 de febrero de 2012

The long run:16k

To be honest this run was done on Monday february 27th, yesterday could not get my long run in due to water issues, not enough water to take a shower, so I switched days, Mondays are my rest days , but rest on Sunday and ran my long run on Monday, I ll put like if I did this run on Sunday for mileage thing!! This morning I intended to wake up at 5:30 a.m. but slept in till 5:57 a.m. and was because my father woke me up, luckily We dressed fast, he was going to do the 10 miles with me, so I was willing to do this at a slower pace than I am used to this is a tough week though, we went out to the mirador a 6:15 a.m., early compared to past long runs, I wanted to avoid the sun badly, we were out there at a conversational pace , did the first 8k in 48:50s, the sun had not come out yet, so I was happy, hit the 10k in 61:04, after that We started doing kms sub 6 mins, then 5:30s, and I was feeling good, my father was feeling tired but he looked strong, I was encouraging him the second halfway, lets go!! lets go!!, then we finish the 16k in 1:34:11, so negative split by 3:30, I am very happy because I feel very good and finished the run finishing very very strong!! my father did a heck of a job as well!! nice nice run!! hope to feel good during the week!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario