sábado, 4 de febrero de 2012

Tempo run :4 miles

This morning I woke up at 6:10 a.m. was predawn, went out around 6:35 a.m. Today was my weekly tempo run which went better than expected, the tempo today I wanted 4 miles, warmed up 3 kms to the mirador, stretched a bit, and then I was off, in the fist 500m was feeling tired and very heavy, did not like that, but I knew that I had a good pace, after the first 2 kms I started feeling better and better and when I reached halfway I knew that it was going to be a good workout. The splits per km were 4:33,4.42,4:37, then to the 2 mile point out and back to ge to the 3k mark again on the way back was in 2:05, met with Ronnie Feliz which is a 43 min 10k guy and an with me for 2 kms, he was out of shape but he was running very good those 2 kms were in 4:39,4:38, then I was all by myself again, tired but strong, the final km came in 4:33 again finishing the 4 mile tempo in 29:50, this is the longest and the fastest tempo that I have done this year so I am going in the right directio or the fast start helped me to keep that momentum, maybe a little bit of both. Anyway I am very happy with how I felt at the end and the way this tempo unfolded. the 2 halves were in 14:56 and 14:54 so negative splits by 2 seconds. Weather was fine. To be honest this tempo tired me a lot less than last´s week 5k tempo in the conservatory which was much slower also. Around 2k to cool down, and 1k walking.
Around 11.4k total.

2 comentarios:

  1. Great workout, Cesar! Tempos are awesome -- and you'll just keep getting faster and faster with the same effort. They are magic.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Thanks Doug!! I ll try to incorporate it all year round and see if that transtalte to faster race times!! btw nice interval workout yesterday!!

    ResponderEliminar